About the Author:
My name is Beyza Nur Bilge Kircali and I am a nurse. I left my job as a nurse with the birth of my first child, after 10 years. I now have three sons and live happily in Istanbul, Turkey. My interests have changed vastly after becoming a mum. I have completed a certificate course in 'teaching brain training games' through Aydin University. Currently, I am a first year student at Istanbul University, studying Sociology. Whenever I get some extra time from my children, I try to do some homework or take my children to kids activities in Istanbul as often as I can. I love upcycling, recycling and reusing materials at home. I find it very enjoyable to spend time with kids. I recommend it for anyone seeking a happy and fun life.
This project is something that depending on age and level of readiness, your child can do independently, with some supervision or with you. It would also make a great 'birthday party' activity and gifts to take away for your child's friends on his/her birthday. It makes a wonderful recycling project too.
You will need:
- A piece of wood to be used as a base in a preferred size (in this project, a piece of recycled crate made of poplar was used)
- Various coloured felt pieces
- Small pieces of cut wood
- PVA glue or any type of glue that will stick to wood
- Sandpaper to smoothen the surface of the wooden base
- A pen or anything that will write on wood
- Using the sandpaper, make sure the base wood is nice and smooth.
- Write the name in the middle of the wood in a large font.
- Using the glue, stick the little wood cubes/pieces on the letters shown in picture below.
- Start cutting your felt pieces for decoration.
- Cut little squares or rectangles of felt and stick them on letters.
- Keep decorating until it satisfies your taste and then voila! Your personalised door decoration is ready!