Wednesday 2 October 2013

Homemade Cereal Mix

My children love their weetbix bars for breakfast and at least 3-4 times a week, they have them. I always try to mix them with some fruit and nuts but it can get quite time-consuming especially when in a hurry. Instead, I have recently made a mix that I add to their weatbix bars along with milk. I often change the variety but just to give you an idea, here is one of our homemade mixes.


Ingredients of the mix in the picture above (from top to bottom):

Pine nuts
Spelt flakes
Peanuts
Goji berries (wolfberries) (you can read more about them here)
Quinoa
Pepitas/pumpkin seeds (read more about them here)
Sunflower seeds
Almonds
Oats
Raisins and cranberries

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

So do you make a weet ix bar or do you put this in with a bowl of weet bix, either way sound yummy!

Mrs. Lucky said...

No, unfortunately I don't make weetbix bars. I mix them in with their store bought organic weetbix.

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for leaving one!