|Corn from our garden|
Corn is a great source of many nutrients.
- High in fiber.
- Good source of vitamins such as folic acid, niacin and Vitamin C.
- Corn has Vitamin B (Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Riboflavin, Folate). It has traces of Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Corn is rich in phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron and selenium. It also has small amounts of potassium.
- is good for skin care
- boosts nervous system
- is good for digestion
- helps in maintenance of low cholesterol levels.
- has health-supportive antioxidant benefits from all varieties of corn, including white, yellow, blue, purple and red corn.
- provides necessary calories for daily metabolism of the body.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
- Healthy sauté cooked corn with green chilies and onions. Served hot, this makes a wonderful side dish.
- Use polenta (a type of cornmeal) as a pizza crust for a healthy pizza.
- Add corn kernels and diced tomatoes to guacamole to give it extra zing.
- Adding corn to soup enhances the soup's hardiness and its nutritional profile.
Have something healthy today!