Monday 6 February 2012

HANDMADE BABY MARACAS






This is a nice little project that is sure to please your baby! I found it online and fell in love with it. It is so easy that even kids can do it. The instructions in the video are extremely easy to follow. The only thing I am uncomfortable with is the decoration of them as I am concerned with the idea of using especially beads for baby products especially if they are only stuck using glue. They can pose a choking hazard! I can imagine Miss Junior getting excited about the stars and the beads and start exploring them as soon as she gets her hands on them. She would try pulling them and I wouldn't be surprised if she can successfully remove them after some attempts and she is extremely likely to put them in her mouth right away. I believe that these particular decorative materials aren't suitable for babies even though they do look awesome. I strongly recommend finding other types of decorative ideas (using colourful fabric strips perhaps?) for this project.

In my opinion, this project is great because;
  • handmade
  • very easy to make
  • not costly 
  • made with recycled materials
  • unique
  • even older siblings can do it or if you don't have a baby, your child can do it and can gift it to a baby or can use it for her own entertainment (making music?)
  • if the older sibling is involved in making it, it may help with the bonding between the younger sibling and him/her
  • improves creativity and imagination skills
  • stimulates baby visually and audibly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for leaving one!