People celebrate Australia Day in various ways. Australia Day celebrations include Australia Day Honours, Australian of the Year Awards1, Citizenship ceremonies, concerts, carnivals and family entertainment (or a simple BBQ with family and friends at the backyard).
If you haven't got any other plans after the traditional celebrations or in general, but want to get out of your house with your children perhaps to a playground, then see the list below.
The list was published by Melbourne's Child Magazine in the Dec 2011/Jan 2012 edition.
- ArtPlay Playground: Birrarung Marr, Melbourne.
- Bayswater Park: Mountain Highway or King Street, Bayswater.
- Harmony Park: 187-195 Gaffney Street, Coburg.
- Hay's Paddock: Access via Lister or Longstaff streets, Kew East.
- Malahang Reserve: Corner of Oriel and Southern roads, Heidelberg West.
- Plum Garland Memorial Playground: Corner of Beaconsfield Paradise and Victoria Avenue, Albert Park.
- Quarries Park: Corner of Ramsden and Field streets, Clifton Hill.
- Ruffley Lake Park: Corner of Victoria Street and Muriel Green Drive, Doncaster East.
- St Kilda Adventure Playground: 26 Neptune Street, St Kilda.
- Wombat Bend Playspace: Duncan Street, Templestowe Lower.