Dr Oz's top 5 essentials for a natural medicine cabinet
1. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is a natural, essential oil derived from the leaves of a plant indigenous to Australia. It works as a natural antiseptic. It is used to soothe skin problems such as minor burns, athlete’s foot, and
insect bites. When applied directly to the skin, tea tree oil has been
found to have anti-microbial activity against strong bacteria and fungi.
2. SLS-free Toothpaste: SLS is the acronym of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a chemical that creates foam when you brush, but can also lead to mouth sores. Natural toothpaste alternatives aren’t as foamy but are also less harsh.
3. Tiger Balm: Tiger balm is a natural muscle relaxer. It has a substance called camphor, when used in small amounts, releases localized muscle-relaxing heat for aches and pains. It works as topical muscle relaxer/pain reliever. IMPORTANT: Remember it should not be ingested, so keep away from children.
4. Valerian Root Capsules: Several studies in adults suggest that this herb may improve quality of sleep and reduce the time to fall asleep. It is a natural relaxer/sedative. IMPORTANT: This herb should not be mixed with other sedatives or anti-anxiety medications.
5. Bentonite Clay: This is an absorbent substance that may be able to relieve diarrhea. It may
also be able to absorb toxic substances in the intestines and prevent
them from causing nausea or upset. It may also be used to relieve diarrhea.
Here is Dr. Oz's website for you.