Sunday 4 December 2011

SUNDAY SPECIAL


homemade food

There is nothing like a Sunday morning when all the family members gather around a breakfast table and just eat and chat. Especially if the cook is a person like Mr. Hubby, it becomes even more amazing and I feel very lucky and blessed to have such a luxurious quality time with my family! One thing I never forget is that I can never take it for granted.

Today, I was able to have one of those beautiful mornings with the family. Mr. Hubby told me a few days ago that he's recently found a new taste at a cafe near his workplace that he had really enjoyed. Unlike me, he is pretty good at telling what a certain food has in it even without having to talk to the actual chef. This particular avocado spread/dip is different than the usual guacamole dip and  is one of those ones that Mr. Hubby has recently tried, liked and decided to try making a homemade version of.
avocado dip recipe

This spread (or dip) has only three ingredients which are:
  • Fresh mint (preferably from your own garden)
  • Spreadable cheese
  • Avocado
Coarsely chop/tear the fresh mint leaves and add it into the cheese and avocado. (Mr. Hubby decided after tasting the pictured below dip that it would have been better if the cheese was much less in ours).  

We enjoyed it on a piece of toasted Italian style cabatta bread for breakfast but you could easily use it as a sandwich spread (perhaps at work?) or on flat bread chips (see my previous post titled HEALTHY, YUMMY, QUICK and EASY CHIPS? on 27/11/2011) or it could be placed in a finger food platter for a party.

Enjoy a delicious day with some loved ones!


cheese spread with avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for leaving one!